Our Mission & Vision
We deliver mental health services that improve the life, health, and wellbeing of individuals and families in the El Paso community.
Our Vision: All individuals and families in the El Paso community have access to mental healthcare services.
The core values that guide our organization include:
- Be truthful and above reproach in all things—we always do the right thing.
- Be compassionate and respectful—we treat others as we want to be treated.
- Be responsive—we respond to needs within our community, and communicate clearly and in a timely manner with stakeholder and partners.
- Exceed expectations in all areas of service.
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Providing Counseling Services to Local Families Since 1892
The mission of Family Service of El Paso is to> deliver mental health services that improve the life, health, and wellbeing of individuals and families in the El Paso community. As the largest mental health service agency in El Paso, we uniquely suited to serve local clients from nearly every demographic.
Over 75% of our clients are low income (by HUD Section 8 guidelines) and 87% of our clients are Hispanic. To serve this population, we constantly strive to ensure our services are affordable, accessible, and culturally competent.
Our commitment to providing access to mental health services by:
- Expanding access to high-quality mental health counseling services to help underserved individuals and families get the treatment that they need to recover, thrive, and enhance their overall wellness.
- Strengthening strategic partnerships by collaborating with local organizations that deliver complementary services, such as health care.
- Developing the next generation of mental health professionals and increasing the number of providers in the El Paso border community, to address sizable.
We measure progress of our programs through the following metrics:
- Output: We annually measure our output by comparing it to the output of the prior year
- Outcomes: We measure our outcomes using the Outcomes Rating Scale. The scale allows us to measure clients’ weekly well-being and cumulative outcomes of the entire agency.
- Client Satisfaction: We requests clients complete the Family Service of El Paso Client Satisfaction Survey quarterly. This gives clients an opportunity to express their opinions about our services and to provide suggestions as to how we can improve.
Working Hand-in-Hand with Psychiatric Care Providers
Family Service of El Paso also provides affordable psychiatric care at our facilities through our partnership with Project Vida. Psychiatric care is scarce in our community, especially for lower-income clients. At Family Service, we are uniquely positioned to serve clients by offering therapists and prescribers under the same roof. This improves collaboration and provides better quality of care to our clients.
Family Service of El Paso is a private, non-profit social service agency governed by a volunteer board of directors. All proceeds and donations we receive go towards supporting the broader cause of providing access to mental health services at Family Service of El Paso. Our services are funded through a combination of the following sources:
- Insurance billing
- Fees collected from clients (according to their ability to pay)
Family Service of El Paso would like to invite you to join us in bringing help and healing to mental illness. Contact us to learn about how you can get involved.